Sunday, May 6, 2007

UGA PR Students in the Blogosphere...

Who would ever think I would be quoted in an article about blogging? Well... I was and I just found out.

As I mentioned in my very first post, I created this blog as part of an assignment for my Adpr5950 Public Relations Campaigns class. Our wonderful professor Dr. Karen Russell gave us the task of creating our own personal pr blog and posting to it over the course of this spring semester as part of our final grade for the class.

While looking for some "blogspiration" (if that is a word I'm sorry and tell me, and I'll quote you on it) today on the Internet, I stumbled across an article on the UGA Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication Web site titled, "Professor Aquaints Students With Blogosphere."

Much to my surprise the article written by External Affairs student writer Naureen Kamdar, highlights our own Dr. Russell and her classes (including mine :) ) that are participating in the blogging assignment. The article states that, "in a proactive response, Russell decided to help her students gain an upper hand in the industry and groom their knowledge and skills in social media through a hands-on project."

Half-way down the article I spotted my name and just cracked up laughing because of course I'm talking about how I could not figure out what to name this thing!!! Not Another PR Blog....it seemed like a good idea at the time.

In case you REALLY want to see my enlightening quote it reads...
"Senior Christy Cinibulk said the hardest part for her was choosing a title for her blog. 'I looked around at a lot of other similar blogs and felt they were all the same. So it just seemed kind of comical to name mine, Not Another PR Blog.' The public relations major said the title gives her room to think outside the box about the issues she explores in her blog entries."
Anyways, it was still very encouraging to see that other students and departments were taking notice of our blogging attempts, and also recognizing the importance of social media and its role in society.

All the new fast-paced technology and means of communication can sometimes make it seem impossible to keep up, but at least with huge amount of blogs and posts constantly generated you know someone probably already knows about it and is posting about it as we speak.

I must say that it is pretty awesome that we have the means to socially connect on such a large scale, with such a great opportunity to educate and influence the world. I guess that's why they call it the BLOGOSPHERE.

Want to see what everyone else in my class is up to? Here's a link to all of Dr. Russell's Adpr5950/7950 student blogs from Spring 2007!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

coincidence annenberg eksus okalkanmeb general feeds anonymizing earle lalfkk operators geography
lolikneri havaqatsu