Monday, May 7, 2007

5 Days till Graduation!

I woke up this morning and the very first thing that came to my mind was,

"OH MY GOSH 5 DAYS TILL I GRADUATE!"

Cheesy I know, but it is the truth. I have one final left tomorrow, thank goodness, and then I will be preparing for my Athens farewell. There were many times in the semester I really didn't think I was going to make it to the end, and now I am almost there, but it still doesn't feel real.

Unfortunately my last final is in Communication Law class...which has been pretty tough to get through. If I have one piece of advice for any upcoming journalism majors it is, DO NOT TAKE Communication Law, Campaigns and three other crazy hard classes your last semester...you will regret it.

I never thought I would admit it, but Comm. law really has been pretty interesting getting to study the First Amendment and all the rights we have because of it - all the way to indecency and obscenity.

The coolest part was that I got to use one of the cases concerning Campaign Finance Reform and interest groups for my research topic for my Interest group politics class. Wisconsin Right to Life, Inc. v. the Federal Election Commission deals with the issues of "electioneering communication" and the First amendment rights of corporations and organizations regarding political speech and expression. If you've never gotten acquainted with federal Campaign Finance Reform law it is pretty in-depth and can be confusing, but getting to use my knowledge from journalism courses and my PR major and meshing it with my Political Science major courses gave me a new insight on the notion that you really can do anything with a good education, you just have to know how to use it!

No comments: